Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kika's Pregnancy

I took a nap today and dreamed about Kika, my female dog. In my dream, I woke up from a long nap and Kika had her puppies already, a lot of them, running around in the living room.

Kika is pregnant. She'll have her babies in two weeks and I'm worry about it. She's young, Sparky (the father) is her half brother, and I don't know how I'll manage those puppies until they be ready to leave. We're not keeping any of them.

Everything started with the Vet. The woman started saying thing like "Let's see... I think she can live after having babies..." and Dennis and I left that Vet a little upset that the woman didn't give us the answers we want and also put more stuff in our heads.

Now Dennis is all worried about it, and keep sending those emails with info about dog's pregnancy, like photos, videos, etc. I don't really wanna see dogs being born! Most of those emails are about what to do in case a puppy gets stuck, how to cut the umbilical cord, and how to proceed in case 'the mother starts eating one of the puppies.' I not gonna be ready for that, I'll let the nature do the work.

Dennis' aunt, Jane, who gave us the puppies, founded out that Kika is pregnant and gave us some advices. Dennis said that she made him less worried. But we are about to have a lot of work, and I feel that I won't enjoy taking care of these babies. Especially when the college starts again.

I remember when my other dog had babies. Her name was Kika as well and I was a teenager. It was so easy. She got pregnant, and started having the contractions under my bed. My mom and I tried to move her to a better (and clean) place and she become a little aggressive. We decided to let her there alone and close the my bedroom. After a few hours we came back and there the babies were. All clean, perfect, and alive. Now here everybody are making such a drama that I started being really worried about it.

I just hope everything will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment