Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Take or Not Take: Communication 1A

The classes for the next semester are now available, I am not sure if I should take Communication 1A or not. I mean, it is a great class to improve my communication, regarding my teacher and another guy I met last semester.

Improve my communication… it is all that I need! Last class, my teacher from Design class was talking about courses related to design, and how we get there. During the class, she explained how long is the path that I still have to go to become an architect in this country. She also said something that made me think a lot. I need to learn how to defend my projects. There will be people in my way who won’t agree with me. I need to defend my self.

This is exactly what I need! I am so shy that I start sweating just if I think about the possibility of talking in public. She said that Communication 1A would be great for people like me. But there is a problem: I don’t need communication 1A in my curriculum to finish college, and I feel so late (understand late as old) that I want to finish this as soon as possible.

What should I do?

I think that I know already. I am learning for life, and Communication 1A would be great.

…But, at the same time, I see myself finishing the university in my late thirties and

I hate it. What is the big problem with that? Am I afraid to be the oldest guy in class, and feel humiliated, dumb, and old, surrounded by youngest? Yes.

Ok, while I am writing this, I feel that I am already convinced that I want and I have to take Communication 1A. It felt so stupid to write this….

It will improve my Communication for life, not only for college. It will help me to fight against my fear of talking in public, of expressing myself and my feelings to the world.

I will take Communication 1A.

No comments:

Post a Comment