Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

Last Saturday I want to a Halloween party at Liz’s house, a Brazilian friend that we have here in California. She lives in a big house in Oakland Hills. I was convicted that I would drink a lot and party hard, giving me a break from my busy routine of studying and working. Dennis stayed at home because he is never on the mood of partying hard and also because he had a bad trout. I totally understand that.

I decided to invite Brandon, my new friend, because I didn’t see him for a while. We both arrived at Liz’s house with Brandon’s boyfriend, Allan, who didn’t stay long because he had to work earlier in the next day.

The party was great! I had a chance to see many people that I didn’t see for a long time. I met Deia’s boyfriend (really cute by the way) and Deia and I talked a lot, as good friends we are.

Because this party supposes to be a break from my routine, I drank a lot. Not as I use to drink during the past weekends, but a lot more. I got so drunk that I lost track of time. I party, I dance, I talked, and I laugh. Yeah… I laugh a lot. I felt really good, surrounding by nice people and doing something I that I didn’t do for a long time.

When I realized, it was around 5am already, and I had no idea what time I arrived at home.

Amanda called a taxi and we (Amanda, Brandon, and me) went home totally satisfied. I slept inside of the taxi and the taxi driver actually had to wake me up! I was wasted.

The next day, I woke up at 12:30pm and stayed in bed until 6pm. I watched a movie, posted the photos from the party on Facebook, and watched almost a whole season of American Dad on Netflix.

At six o’clock, I moved my dead body from the bed to the sofa, and stayed there the rest of the day. Dennis and I had a few lazy hours together getting out of the sofa only to give candy to the kids who knocked our door, and grabbing something to drink on the way back to the sofa. I used this time to show Dennis the photos from the party and watch more American Dad. Am I addictive?

When Dennis decided to go to the bed, I decided to stay and finish the current episode, but I ended up sleeping in the sofa by myself, and woke up at 11pm to go to the bed.

My percent of productivity on Sunday was negative 25% because I am pretty sure that American Dad ate a piece of my brain after too much episodes.

That’s why I can’t go out so often anymore; I am becoming old!!! I usually party a lot in the past, but now with my routine (and this age: 28… I know… in a body of 25 and a mind of 30) I can’t party hard every weekend anymore.

Today I called Amanda to make sure I remember everything I did. No hazardous, no damage. It was a perfect Halloween. It was exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment