Sunday, February 10, 2013

Good question, so far one of the best chapters of the "Your 5-Minutes Personal Coach". I've been reading this book for a while. David Terry, my friend, gave to me when I was visiting Vegas. I should be done by now, but if I had the capacity of started something, maintain it flowing, and finish with no problems, I would not need this book.

 - Nothing is permanent:
I loved to be reminded that nothing is permanent. I mean, it's sad to know that the good moments and good people in my life right now won't stay like this forever, but after everything that happened with me (everything that changed or now is over) in the past two years sometimes made me feel like a looser, and this quote helps seeing this in a better way. I thought things could last forever. I though my relationship would last forever, friendships would last forever, people would stay the same, and the grass would be always green (greener the other side of the fence of course!). Well, it turns out things raise themselves to a higher level or fell apart completely. Looser? No! it's a change.

 - You are either living by purpose or living by accident.
It's true. My answer? I don't know where I am. But come one! Give me a chance, I spent my 20's married. I left my country, my friends and family, and my language behind believing that I was jumping in something that would last forever. It's been one year since it ended and I finally feel coming out of "oh my god what a fuck happened?" and getting back on my feet. So, don't ask me if the job that I choose and the decisions that I make are related to purpose or it''s just an accidental choice. I'm choosing things that are making me happy, that I'm good at, realistic, and alive. it's too early to answer that. I need to be somewhere to say if that place is my place or not.

 - Fear doesn't necessarily means stop.
No it doesn't, and I should read this book before I felt in panic about some paths that I was trying to take. I should get up and try. I'm getting up and trying right now. I feel scared but I'm doing it. If my plans don't work I will be terrified, and I need to remember that: fear doesn't mean stop. I was watching one episode of How I met Your Mother and there is an interesting moment when one character realizes that her worse fear is to succeed in life. Is that what happening with me right now? I mean, I have all the answers, all the tools. All the self steam books say what I already know. So why I need to read them again to actually do it? I need to meditate in that question. I need to create my base to succeed with no fear.

 - Less is more.
It's a fact and I know that, but the new collection from that store is so pretty… That's my problem, every time I do something good I give myself permission to do something bad as a reward. "Did you follow your weekly workout at the gym? Good! So you deserve coxinhas and pasta the whole weekend sexy man!" I need to do a huge reorganization of my personal belonging. I have clothes hanging that I never use and school materials in box in front of me that I packed way before I left Dennis' house. I need to put them away, but more than that, doing this I will actually see how many stuff I have.

 - The power to change your life is in the choices you make
…and I choose to stay in bed saturday morning watching Modern Family instead of filling all those documents on my table. Bummer!!! Actually I choose to convince this nice guy to go on a date with me, with didn't go anywhere because he was sick, but it leaded to my friend calling me for drinks after that and because I was already out I said ok, with leaded me to stay awake until late and dink more, which leaded me to spent my saturday morning lazy in bed. If I choose to stay home first time, I would not have a lazy saturday. I'm fucking tired of making plans than I never follow. It's not like I've doing bad, but I should do better. So back to my sunny Sunday, I will wash my car and might do brunch with my friend now and them come back home I will organize my agenda for the week and file those goddammit documents on my table. Let's see how it goes ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment